Friday, November 7, 2008

Why I set up this blog

I set up this blog to help explain and go through my weight loss challenge.

Over a year ago I was diagnosed with impaired glucose. I went on a strict carb diet supplied to me by a diabetic educator/nutritionist. It worked like a charm. I was down from 210 to 170. I was feeling great. I exercised regularly and ate very well. I was hungry from time to time but o.k. Theone thing that has stuck with me is that I am no longer a fan of donuts. What I have not been able to rid myself of is other goodies. I seem to not be able to monitor myself to eat things in moderation. I binge instead. I started weight watchers. I know what to do how to do it and I know I can do it. But why don't I. That is the question. What am I so afraid of.. When I married almost 20 years ago I was a whole 108 pounds and would freak if I got up to 120. Now here I am. I am hoping by posting on here that I will be able to lose the weight I need to be healthy and see all my children grow up, go to college and become what they want to be to be happy. Here is a somewhat current picture for me to look at and realize I need to lose.



No comments: